Fast Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake
This Fast Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake, makes use of almond paste within the cake batter to make an fast and straightforward casual cake. I’m a lover of something almond, together with almond paste. From my expertise nevertheless, I do know that almond paste is a controversial ingredient. At Christmas time there’s all the time a powerful divide between those that love the sting slice of the Christmas cake in order that they get essentially the most almond paste, and people who keep away from it in any respect prices.
This cake is is dense and moist, and with the raspberry and lemon, exceedingly scrumptious. With the richness of the almond paste, it’s one for the almond lover!
The Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake Recipe
This cake makes use of shop-bought almond paste. Almond paste is barely completely different from marzipan. The previous having the next almond to sugar ratio, extra scrumptious in my e book. Pre-made substances usually are not one thing I normally suggest, so chances are you’ll be just a little perplexed to discover a store purchased merchandise in my substances record. Nonetheless, I do purchase almond paste each Christmas to cowl my fruit muffins. I discover the purchased product rolls extra readily and avoids having uncooked egg product within the muffins. I typically find yourself with some leftover, and provided that I don’t make fruit muffins exterior the Christmas season, this leftover almond paste can find yourself going to waste. Which is the place this recipe is available in.
The recipe is an adaptation of Nigella Lawson’s Easy Almond Cake Recipe from her basic e book, How To Be A Home Goddess. It definitely is a simple one, mainly involving the mixing of basic cake substances with almond paste…no creaming or whisking and just one vessel to scrub up afterwards.
One in all my favorite cake flavour combos is Lemon Almond and Raspberry. I therefore determined to make use of this mix on this almond cake by including contemporary lemon zest and raspberries.
You may in fact play quick and free with this cake, selecting substances it’s a must to hand, similar to marzipan slightly than almond paste, or different berries similar to cherries or blackberries for the raspberries. An orange model of this cake would even be fabulous, made by swapping the lemon zest for orange zest.
Serving and Storing
Be happy to embellish this cake with what it’s a must to hand, a dusting of icing sugar with some edible flowers and herbs would work nicely. A dollop of Greek yogurt would even be a stunning teatime addition.
The cake retains nicely at room temperature in an hermetic container for 2-3 days.
Fast Lemon Raspberry Almond Cake Recipe
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g shop-bought almond paste
- 125g caster sugar
- 6 medium eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 150g raspberries (contemporary or frozen)
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven (fan) to 160⁰C/320F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 22cm/9” springform cake tin and line the bottom. (I’ve additionally made this in a 20cm/8″ tin which labored advantageous too however the cake was just a little extra dense)
- To make the cake, break or chop up the almond paste and place in a meals processor. Mix till damaged up just a little extra. Add the butter and sugar and proceed to mix. If the butter is mushy it ought to turn out to be easy. I made this on a slightly chilly day and the combo was nonetheless just a little lumpy however the cake labored completely. (As I mentioned above, I generally is a little quick and free when dwelling baking!).
- Sift the flour right into a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- Add the eggs to the meals processor, separately, mixing after every addition. Chances are you’ll have to scrape down the edges intermittently.
- Add the flour combination and mix till mixed. Scrape down the edges and base of the processor and blend as soon as extra to make sure it’s nicely mixed.
- Scrape the combination into the ready tin. Flippantly press within the raspberries all through the cake combination.
- Place the cake within the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes earlier than checking. Insert a skewer into the centre. If it comes out clear and the cake is springy on the floor it’s cooked. If not then return to the oven and test at 10min intervals till cooked.
- Depart to chill for 10-15mins within the tin earlier than eradicating. When cool, place on a plate or cake stand and sprinkle with icing sugar and some other ornament.
I hope you take pleasure in this cake, do tag us on social media @covecakedesign along with your creations!